Welcome to my life. It's a whirlwind of kids, chaos, pets, people, family, art, and being home (most of the time; I like to get out here and there). We unschool, so the unexpected is, well, expected...

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Race to Nowhere

Oh, I'd like to see this! Even though I have already rejected the notion that schools are necessary, I see kids suffer everyday because of it! It's mind crushing, soul crushing stuff! This movie will surely cause me to cry. I'm so glad that there are still parents out there that see that this really does happen and refuse to allow their kids to grow up in that negative soul crushing world. Today's kids don't have time to wait for school reform that won't likely happen until they are having kids of their own!

1 comment:

Julie said...

They actually had a screening here last summer at a local theater. The majority of the audience were educators who actually agreed with the points of the movie, but feel like their hands are tied in regards to all the mandatory testing that their required to do. It's obviously a broken system in sooo many ways and I'm so glad my kids will not be a part of it. And yes, I did cry, lots:(