Welcome to my life. It's a whirlwind of kids, chaos, pets, people, family, art, and being home (most of the time; I like to get out here and there). We unschool, so the unexpected is, well, expected...

Friday, April 23, 2010

ahhhh unschooling

It seems everyone has their opinions about unschooling this week!

Rather than doing all the work over, I'll rely on my friend Ronnie...

Thanks for compiling all that! I had considered doing it, then saw that you had done it already, so I'll piggy back yours!

I liked this one too.

...and of course, who could talk about unschooling and NOT talk about Sandra Dodd, who was kind enough to do an interview here.

...or Pam, who is also super amazing! Who I will get to meet next month in real life!

Cheers to all you unschoolers! You guys, all my cool awesome super wonderful unschooling friends, kick ass! What a busy week of damage control! Geez, you'd think that the idea of learning had been co-opted by school or something.

And if you still believe that people don't need experts to spoon feed them information then perhaps you can join this facebook International Freedom In Education Day

Never fear, it's not just for all us radical unschoolers, it's for anyone who believes in freedom of education. Here's the weblink if you aren't a facebook person. Although it appears that the facebook link is way more up to date.

3 comments:

Glenda said...

Hey Jenny, thanks for mentioning your blog in today's unschooling chat. I've had Sandra's blog on my google reader for ages, and am slowly adding other unschoolers' blogs to my reader as I come across them. I really enjoy your voice in the unschooling community (now I'm headed to your Etsy shop!).

Jenny Cyphers said...

Thanks Glenda, that's sweet of you! I'm really trying to keep my blog updated, but sometimes I struggle with having too much to say and not knowing which thing to say first!

Jenny Cyphers said...

Thanks Glenda, that's sweet of you! I'm really trying to keep my blog updated, but sometimes I struggle with having too much to say and not knowing which thing to say first!