Welcome to my life. It's a whirlwind of kids, chaos, pets, people, family, art, and being home (most of the time; I like to get out here and there). We unschool, so the unexpected is, well, expected...

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Keeping life interesting

Sometimes it's really the small things that keep life going! I went to the craft store yesterday to buy hair clips and safety pins. Chamille really needed something to occupy herself with. She's been making the coolest hair things lately! She uses scraps of fabric and puts bows together and sews them onto hair clips. Here's a picture of one...
Photobucket

It's the same bow that Hello Kitty wears...
Photobucket

and another one, with a store bought addition to it...
Photobucket

Safety pins, of course, can be used in so many ways! Here's a picture of one thing she's made with pins...
Photobucket

She's redoing clothing with pins too, but I don't have any pictures. I bought the pins at the fabric store, they are the heavy duty kind, so I can put them through the wash!

We buy so many safety pins, it's not even funny! They get eaten by our pin monster that lives in our house, I swear it's true!

And of course, there is always beading to be done...
Photobucket

4 comments:

Ronnie said...

I love sewing- and office-supply jewelry. Fishing tackle can also provide some really interesting jewelry materials. I still have a bracelet my niece made for me a loooong time ago, made from these little doodads that attach other doodads to the fishing line. (Like my technical terms there? Can you tell I don't fish?)

Jenny Cyphers said...

technical smechnical!

I have a bunch of bullet casings (collected from Desert Hot Springs, CA, as a child), and we are trying to find an easy way to use those things in some fashionable way. They are proving to be tricky!

MLewis said...

it does look tricky:
http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/bullet_jewelry

MLewis said...

This guy seems to have cut the end off... http://www.bulletjewelry.com/bf/product.html
and here's a new agey idea:
http://www.coolhunting.com/archives/2007/03/unearthen_cryst.php
Tim was saying that popping the primer out is a piece of cake with a nail, and then you could string them...