Welcome to my life. It's a whirlwind of kids, chaos, pets, people, family, art, and being home (most of the time; I like to get out here and there). We unschool, so the unexpected is, well, expected...

Monday, October 29, 2007

Well, she has a mother

I know I post a lot about Chamille and her best friend, but it's so ever present in our lives. The daily frustrations and hurt feelings are a lot to go through. It's hard sometimes to just be happy when circumstances beyond your control continually bring you down.

Chamille is doing pretty well considering. It definitely impacts her well being though. The letter brigade is helping and I've heard from her mother that it has a huge impact on E. too. "Mother?", you say. Well, yes, she has a mother. Her mother hasn't been involved in her life for a number of years. I'm not sure of the circumstances. I've only heard the dad's side of the story, and given the source, I'm not so sure about the validity of anything said.

The last couple of weeks, I've been trying to find a way to contact E.'s mother to see if I could somehow circumvent the dad. I didn't know her name or where she was living, so it was impossible to find her. I had kind of given up on the idea, when she called me! I don't want to get in the middle of custody issues, but, I can at least meet her and Chamille and E. can hang out together for a bit when E. visits her mom. It will get back to the dad though, because the older daughter will tell him, mostly to spite her sister.

It turns out that the mom is equally concerned with what has been happening. She, like me, has no control or say so in the situation. What she sees and hears however, is a very unhappy child who hates her father with a passion that she can't even express, so it eats away at her and causes her a great deal of stress. I could have told her that! I'm sure E. is biting her nails again, something that her dad doesn't even notice that she does.

I don't know if I'm doing the right thing or not. I do know that the mom has been wanting to meet some of her kids' friends for a long time now, especially Chamille. Chamille has been wanting to meet E.'s mom as well, since she already knows she doesn't like the dad and stepmom.

I will tread lightly....

1 comment:

Schuyler said...

Come out and play with me! Come and play a game of Week in Review blog spew! I miss your posts. It's been a while so I'm nudging you with a game I got nudged with to get you to chatting again!